book recommendations

Hi, all! Hope each and every one of you is doing well.

For those who don't know, I am an avid reader. I love to read. I used to be very into fiction books and novels. However, lately I've been enjoying non-fiction memoirs, collections of stories from notable figures, and "self-help" books.

I think "self-help"-type books get a bad rep. I like them. If they're not too corny, they can be very inspiring and uplifting to read. 

My Amazon cart has been full of books for a while now, and I finally decided to order some despite being a very busy college student with little to no time to read for pleasure.

All of the books I ordered are centered around women. My favorite topic!

Following are the books I purchased:

"Stripped: A Collection of Inspired Writings for the Evolving Woman" by Cara Alwill Leyba. This is a very beautiful and light read. It's a collection of short poems and prose for the woman on the brink of change. It's nice to have something like this at your disposal to just pick up and flip to a random page. It is done well and very refreshing.

"Rise Sister Rise: A Guide to Unleashing the Wise, Wild Woman Within" by Rebecca Campbell. This book urges the reader to get in touch with the "divine feminine" and harness her inward womanly powers. It encourages women to lead and make the world their own. This is a very inspiring read and quite interesting. It really makes you feel proud to be a woman.

"In the Company of Women: Inspiration and Advice from over 100 Makers, Artists, and Entrepreneurs" by Grace Bonney. This book is of the "coffee table book" style and features interviews with successful women from all walks of life. It features stunning photographs and inspiring stories from hundreds of women. I absolutely love the idea behind this book as well as its execution. Such an amazing book to own! I don't think I'll ever get tired of reading and re-reading the stories.


There you have it! I believe that connecting with and embracing your femininity is a powerful tool in any woman's self-love journey. I hope you enjoy these picks and derive as much meaning from their pages as I did.

Happy reading.

BB

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment